15 December 2006

first day adventures

Hey all!

I've arrived safe and sound here in Perth yesterday. No hassle in the airports even though I brought 4 ounce containers of shampoo and conditioner (the limit is 3.4 oz, report me to the authorities!). All flights on time and smooth except for a windy takeoff from Seattle, which I slept through. Good times.

I watched three movies, knitted three hats, ate three meals, and went through three airports. Arrived in Glasgow after having slept through the entire Amsterdam - Glasgow flight, was wide awake on the ride back to Perth, had some lunch and then a wee nap, then dinner and felt fine - went down to the pub and was up till 2 AM. Woke up at 10 this morning and feel entirely acclimated so we'll see how the next couple of days go, but I'm surprised at how good I feel.


Yesterday when I arrived they said, "Did you hear about the flooding?" and there has been massive amounts of rainfall here and the Tay is bursting its banks. We went down to the edge on the way to the pub last night and the river is maybe 8-10 feet higher than usual. It's really amazing. You can usually stand on the bridge or riverside walk and look wayyy down to the river but now it's nearly up next to you.


Going into town this afternoon for a bit of shopping, then to Edinburgh tonight for some debauchery. Should be some good pics of that up in the next couple of days ;)

Love,

McNabbs

No comments: