07 January 2007

help me, betty ford!

so today is my last day in Scotland. sad times! last night we went to a party at stuart's parents' house. keith and i went halvsies on a bottle of jack, i told him he could keep whatever we didn't drink. imagine my surprise when i finished my first drink and he poured my second - and the bottle was empty! note the level of JD in the pint glass, foreground:

needless to say, i feel like absolute crap today. i was still drunk when i woke up. yikes.

on our agenda today was a trip to st. andrews, which was lovely despite my serious hangover. the cathedral ruins there were totally awesome! here is one of the pillars:

and the view from the ocean:

then we went down the road a bit to anstrother, for the best chippie in the country. it was the best fish and chips i've ever had! very fresh and delicious.

now i'm back in perth packing up all my things. sad! i leave bright and early tomorrow morning for the drive to edinburgh and my flight to amsterdam, i'm quite looking forward to experiencing the city, but i'm also ready to be home again. can't wait to see everyone in seattle!

love,
mcnabbs

No comments: