23 January 2007

hoo boy

i'm in a serious funk today. sorry.


somehow everyone got together and decided that i get to do all the shit that no one wants to do. and not only are they going to dump it on my desk without so much as a "hey, could you help us out with this? that would be super great", there are no instructions and when i ask for clarification i get a big fat nothing. ROAR. i just carried about half a ton of precast concrete samples (really, no exaggeration - those things are heavy!) into the dumpster while everyone around me completely ignored my excessive activity and grunts while lifting. did i mention that i personally did not put a single sample there myself - on MY DESK - and it's just assumed that my desk is the perfect dumping ground for every sample, necessary or un-, and if my desktop gets full, it is ok to put it in my walking path? heaven forbid i should have to do any actual work at my desk, let alone actually get to it in the first place.


also i am supposed to compile a list of things that's already in a list on the intranet, or so far beyond my jurisdiction that i don't even know who to ask - and of the three people i did ask, one said "i have no idea" but didn't tell me who might, even when i asked, and the other two gave no response whatsoever. ok guys, i know i get paid wayyyyy less than you and we're all busy, but throw me a fucking bone here, or i'm going to start making shit up and passing it on as facts. ten bucks says the list just gets lost anyway.


add to this the fact that i'm totally broke and will have to ask my parents for money, which i hate, just so i can eat. and the phone call i just got from the bar, where upon being told that saturday was the only night i am available, and not every saturday at that, said bar manager got all annoyed-sounding. wait, you called me. and wait, remember that other 40+ hour a week job i have? and remember how i haven't worked anything but saturdays for the last 6 months or more? oh yeah. fuck you.


i'm exhausted and my house is a mess and i'm in a bad mood. i need someone to come over with a hug and a movie and a bowl of fruit and a bag of vegetables.


or maybe i just need to go to the adorable high school play tonight. for free.


bleh.


mcnabbs



p.s. i got new glasses

No comments: