08 July 2008

hey y'all

July! What? How did that happen?
We had a sweet-ass barbecue at my parents' house again for the 4th. This year was the best yet I think - lots of people I like and pretty much no people I don't like. Plus pie. Only bummer was, all the fellas I invited brought girlfriends. Pfft.

Here's a quilt I'm working on:

I llooooooovvvve it. It's a color study for a quilt I'm making that was inspired by Orla Kiely's stem print (and Joanie), and it's a perfect cheery summery baby quilt. I'm hand quilting it in Xs across the white (well, slightly creamy) squares. It's awesome. It's 40" square and I think I'll list it for $175. Reasonable, yes? The only bummer - which I didn't notice until I had started quilting it and you can't even really tell in this photo - is that all six of the tangerine colored squares are squished over on the right side. So much for random placement.

ANYway. Hope you all are well. Enjoy the summer, it's finally nice!

Love, mcnabbs.

No comments: