29 January 2007

sewin' up a storm

hey guys! i've been bitten by the productivity bug and tearing through some of my in-progress quilting projects! saturday i got most of a quilt done (except the part where i have to hand sew the binding, but no biggy), i've done a bit of hand quilting on my huge quilt, and right now i'm taking a break from piecing some pastel pinwheels i started about five years ago. whatever posessed me to make an entire quilt top out of only triangles? i hate triangles! at least they're pretty big... and i've got half the blocks made. if i get really sick of it i can just make a smaller quilt, or put a simple border on it, or put sashing in between. love it! this one is pretty cool, i picked the palest greens, blues, and lavenders - plus a print or two with those colors - and the background is all white. it will be such a nice soft summery beachy quilt! i can't wait until it is done. i am thinking i might even just back the top with a piece of muslin to contain the seam allowances, and put a sheet on the back as a duvet cover for my down comforter to make it seem sunnier in the dead of winter. who knows.



also today i got inspired to try and sell any quilt i can bring myself to part with - i don't know if this will actually fly but it's worth a try right? i love making them and i'm going to continue making them anyway but how many quilts do i really need for myself? (the correct answer: twelve before i get married.) i won't do any custom work - i've realized i hate it - but maybe someone will like what i do. i'm just going to put it out there, and if you don't like it, just send it right back.

i wanna be on you.

no, no no no, wait, no....



i wanna be on you.



ok it's late and i'm getting silly. clearly.



oh! and monica got a new job! i'm so excited for her. it's going to be so much better than her oppressive former employer. so we went out and had a great cheersy celebration saturday night. i know you don't believe me, because we never really have fun, but this time we did. here's proof:



so there. see.

love,
mcnabbs

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well, I have to say A) I love that picture! You both look great! and B) I think that the quilt selling thing is a good idea. I am happy you are feeling so motivated about your projects right now - truthfully, sometimes it's you who keeps me going!